Re: [Xen-users] Add more disk (the best solution?)

  • To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Andy Burns" <xen.lists@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 11:29:30 +0100
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 03:30:08 -0700
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references:x-google-sender-auth; b=Q63UKGXfJCHulqt6tNMKVyhzBOsp5+208h3sLAPXUTe7yFrU625Yk5GWGr5yH70a0d 0eVjlxBqywMmAY4s77BOFixMfITTqvtfjl84wyqTuhooQ4Ksv8OKPQsE2d9rcW4MpUS3 Jx5ZHpZfD7V0TfUpgjJOh6GagoaUaffaW5AvI=

2008/8/15 Montervino, Mariano <mmontervino@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> I make it work but dont know if this the correct way...

If it works for you it's right ;-)

> 1- Create a new logical group
> 2- Insert the new LV inside the parameter disk of the KVM configuration file

KVM? I presume you mean Xen?

> 3- restart windows DOMU
> 4- Create and format partition inside windows

The "hot add" method is useful when you want to avoid rebooting the
windows domU, you might want to practice it for future, another thing
you may want to get familiar with is extending the LV on the domU,
then using diskpart.exe inside the windows domU to extend your D:
drive

As far as I can remember the domU will require a reboot to pick up the
larger size of xvdb (This is a xen issue not Windows, if you want to
be able to extend on the fly consider using iSCSI initiator inside the
domU for the data disc).