Re: [Xen-users] Re: Windows XP inside Debian GNU/Linux

I've checked the capabilities of a Intel Core 2 T5550 on the intel website; it
does support virtualisation.

http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SLA4E

You probably need to enable it in the bios ( it is almost always off by
default ).

I would advise against qemu/kqemu as this has serious performance issues. I
have some experience with vmware-player and this has performance issues too.
If you use xen and install the gplpv drivers in windows xp you get
near-native performance, similar to a vmware esx server ( but a lot less
expensive ;-) ).

Btw, I'm running 2 windows XP's on a debian dom0 on a pc with a Intel(R)
Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz .

Kindest regards,

Peter.