RE: [Xen-users] drivers to run windows as HVM guest

> > However, I also installed XP Pro from scratch in Xen, and then
installed
> > the GPL PV drivers there. After the installer was done, windows
detected
> > the new hardware and installed the drivers.
> Doh! I was too fast with saying so. At the end of the installation,
the
> installer said, there was an error, The device cannot be started (Code
10)
> (freely translated from German)

When you don't have /GPLPV in your boot.ini file, the drivers will
deliberately fail to load with that 'Code 10' error. The reason for this
is that if qemu and gplpv both give windows access to the same
underlying disk or disk image, you get the same results as if you
mounted the same volume in two domains - eg complete corruption

Maybe if you put /GPLPV in your boot.ini file as per the wiki
documentation you might have some luck?

James