[Xen-users] Virtual bridge not coming up?

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "David Dyer-Bennet" <dd-b@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 16:27:02 -0500 (CDT)
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 14:28:20 -0700

I've been playing with the config to get two of my domUs behind a virtual
bridge. I've renamed the main bridge "pubbr", and the right interfaces are
connecting to that.  I've created a second bridge "virtbr" (via a private
script that calls network-bridge twice).  I've specified two of the domUs
connect to it, and they show as connected.  I've specified one of the
domUs to have to vifs, and to connect to both bridges.  The two vifs exist
(seen in ifconfig), but they're not visible inside the domain.  The second
vif wasn't done as part of the initial installation, it was added later.
I went in and ran network config in that domu, but the second card wasn't
there.

So nothing gets through to the two back domUs.  How can I get my second
virtual ethernet interface in vlinux2 to be visible?

(The plan is to run LVS on vlinux2, with vlinux1 and vws1 on a virtual
network behind it, to play with LVS configurations and measure some
things. This is a scratch / play system so far.)

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info