Re: [Xen-users] Clock drift

Did you look into setting your clocksource to jiffies, that seemed to
help with my live migration issues.

I struggled with time drift for months, I was running the same
configuration you were (except I didn't have any HVMs).  Then I tried
the following:

Dom0:
 independent wallclock = 1
 ntpd
 clocksource = jiffies

DomU:
 independent wallclock = 0
 clocksource = jiffies

I've been monitoring my Dom0s and DomUs with Hyperic for a few months
(specifically looking at ntp drift) and these settings produce the
closest numbers to a "bare metal" machine in my environment.

Cheers,
Eric Ross
Linux Systems Administrator
Argonne National Laboratory