Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.2 Problem on Ubuntu

Hi Igor,

On Monday 25 August 2008 12:13:10 Igor Trush wrote:
> Hello,
>  I have strange problem setting up xen 3.2 on Kubuntu from repositories
> Used as way described in http://deshantm.livejournal.com/29959.html as
> others
>
> I set up everything fine but when reboot xen traps in the beginning.
> Checked various kernel and variants with no result.
> Xen 3.1 starts but does not run any domain

Do you mean that dom0 (the "host" Linux) doesn't even start when you reboot
the computer?  But that Xen does start to boot and then fails?

In order to diagnose this, we really need the output Xen produced.  If you
have physical access to the machine, you can put "noreboot" on the Xen kernel
command line (on the end of "kernel /boot/xen.gz" line in the grub config).
Then Xen will not automatically reboot if it encounters and error starting up,
so you can copy it off the screen or take a photograph.

Only do this if you have some kind of physical access so that you can power
cycle the machine - it won't reboot on its own!

Cheers,
Mark