RE: [Xen-users] virtual machine lvm issues during install

  • To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Joseph L. Casale" <JCasale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 10:16:12 -0600
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 09:16:52 -0700

>disk = [ "tap:aio:/var/lib/xen/images/vm-01-dns-2.img,xvda,w" ]

I haven't used tap:aio, and I also use ' not " but looks fine I guess?
Using SELinux I presume:)

>It goes through and I just pick the default layout, which sets it up
>with an LVM. (this is where I think I may be wrong in doing so?)

Ahh, so it's the guest vm that gives the error?

>After the point of setting up my disk space it goes on to format the
>filesystem, and fails almost immediately with a somewhat large dump
>ending with that origanl message.

It obviously sees the disc but pukes on writing to it?
So you have exported it *into* your guest correctly, but it has issues writing
which leads me to maybe an SELinux issue? Go into /var/lib/xen/images and do an
ll -Z.
Look at your image file, does it have the right context?
Go here for explanation, http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/Xen

HTH,
jlc