Re: [Xen-users] Ubuntu Hardy Heron x64 w/ Xen 3.2 hangs on boot at /etc/rc.local

I use the latest hardy heron kernel xen kernel and everything is installed from ubuntu packages.
Kernel: 2.6.24-19-xen
I think this happend when I made my VM's start automatic. But when I remove the auto startup it still hanged there.
I've attached the files you asked me about.

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 10:58 PM, Todd Deshane <deshantm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 4:46 PM, Simon Gottschlag <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello everybody!
> My server with Ubuntu Hardy Heron x64 with Xen 3.2 hangs on when booting at
> "Starting local boot scripts (/etc/rc.local)".
> My /etc/rc.local is default and I can't find out why it stops there.
> It's possible to SSH to the server and everything works fine. I just can't
> do anything from the physical server.
> I've googled but nothing have worked.
> Does anyone know what to do?

My guess is that you are missing a console line in /boot/grub/menu.lst

OR

You need to specify the proper console in /etc/event.d/tty1

OR

You are missing the xen console in /etc/securety

OR

Something similar with a init script causing an issue.

How did you install your system? From packages or from source?

What is the kernel version etc.?

Cheers,
Todd

--