[Xen-users] Possible to use vanilla 2.6.23.9 kernel as domU kernel?

I'm working with some internally created software that is very closely
tied to the kernel version.  I *must* use version 2.6.23.9 of the
kernel with a couple in-house patches applied.  I'd like to be able to
virtualize some machines and run this software within Xen.

Because Xen does not currently support bzImage kernels I am struggling
to get my kernel small enough for a zImage kernel.  I have stripped
out almost everything from this kernel, but still cannot get the size
small enough.  I get the "System is too big. Try using bzImage or
modules." error when I do a "make zImage" in the kernels directory.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks