[Xen-users] RE: IP Forwarding in Dom0?

Have you configured Xen to run in routing mode for this? You need to configure your xend-config to use the network-route script and not the network-bridge script which is enabled by default.

Ethereal should work to sniff packets on the virtual interfaces in Dom0.

From: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Phil Winterfield (winterfi)
Sent: 04 September 2008 20:42
To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] IP Forwarding in Dom0?

It appears that packets sent from my PV guest, which is a virtual router running over a split driver virtual interface, are not getting forwarded by the dom0 linux.  I have enabled the value in /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward.  Is there something more that needs to be done for a xen dom0  to enable forwarding?  Also, is there a packet sniffer that will work with linux dom0 virtual interfaces?

Thanks.