Re: [Xen-users] is it possible to mount a domU's LVM partition in dom0 ?

Rudi Ahlers wrote:
I'm trying to create a tar.gz image of a domU VM, but have had no luck in mounting the domU's partition in dom0

I have tried mounting it, but keep on getting an error:

[root@saturn ~]# mount -o loop /dev/System/newcpanel /newcpanel/
mount: you must specify the filesystem type
[root@saturn ~]#

# kpartx -v -a /dev/System/newcpanel

This will create as many entries in /dev/mapper as there are partitions in /dev/System/newcpanel. You can then mount these or activate the embedded logical volume as necessary

if /dev/System/newcpanel is a file rather than a logical volume or similar, then you'll need to make it into a device with losetup.

kpartx is nothing to do with kde or X :-)

jch