RE: [Xen-users] Controlling VNC console port

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "David Dyer-Bennet" <dd-b@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 16:42:26 -0500 (CDT)
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 14:43:03 -0700

On Wed, September 17, 2008 15:31, Dustin Henning wrote:
>       Here are the vnc lines from one of my domUs.  This is in a python
> file (/etc/xen/xmexample.hvm).  I don't know how it would be set up in a
xml
> config file.

I think the files I'm looking at are Python config files as well.   All
these variables and values and formats look familiar.  Mine just doesn't
have the comments in it.  And, checking, there *is* an xmexample.hvm in
that directory, further supporting the view that we're looking at the same
type of thing.

> # set VNC display number, default = domid
> vncdisplay=1

>       I believe the included text from xmexample.hvm is self-explanatory
> enough, but you need to know that vncdisplay=1 chooses port 5901.

None of my examples had "vncdisplay" in them, and I hadn't realised that
the .hvm example was the same flavor of puppy.

So "vncdisplay" means the value added to 5900 to get the port VNC listens
on; I'm familiar with that from other contexts, too.

This *looks* like it's *precisely* what I need, though I haven't tried it
yet (tied up on another firefight just now).

> Hope this helps.

Thank you so much!
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info