Re: [Xen-users] Problem using Xen - SATA

"Daniel Bojczuk" <danielbojczuk@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I have an Slackware 12.1 running on Intel Core2Quad, 4 Gb RAM. (The result
> of dmesg is attached on this e-mail)
> But when I try to use the xen kernel, he can't find /dev/sda1. I think
> that's because it doesn't reconized the sata controller.

Well, you are running without an initrd.  Now, this is the way most slackware
people I know like it, and I can't say they are wrong.  However, like any
time you are running without an initrd, you must first insure that all drivers
you need to boot the box to the point where it can mount the disk are compiled
into the kernel, not compiled as modules (Y not M, or in menuconfig, *)

(also note, most sata drivers these days are under SCSI rather than under
ide in menuconfig)

The thing is that most distros these days expect an initrd, so the default
kernel compile tends to compile most things, even most disk drivers as
modules.

If I remember correctly, you want

make linux-2.6-xen-config configmode=MENUCONFIG
make linux-2.6-xen-build
make linux-2.6-xen-install