Re: [Xen-users] Script or Program in Xen

  • To: "Sarmad George" <sgeorge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Todd Deshane" <deshantm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 20:45:28 -0400
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 17:46:10 -0700

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 8:33 PM, Sarmad George <sgeorge@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Good day all
> Speed is my concern here - and my fingers are slower than a script
> I am trying to create a guest machine and control it from the host
> On the guest terminal I run a benchmark
> On the host terminal I monitor it recording registers - etc
> But there is a time gap determined by my finger speed
> Can anyone help me in "a script or a program" (for example) - so the gap will
> be
> acceptably constant? Of course it can never be constant.
> I need this pls
> <guest-terminal/some-directory> ./benchmark-run
> <host-root/some-directory> ./program-run

This is still a work in progress, but it does a couple of your steps.
(It is ubuntu/debian specific still)
http://code.google.com/p/benchvm/source/browse/#svn/trunk/bin

the creator script can make a guest that you can then SSH into
with keys as root.

the starter script can boot PV and HVM guests.
I personally like to use clusterssh to manage the guests since
we haven't yet integrated our own guest command running
support yet.

It may not be what you are looking for, but maybe it will give
you some ideas at least.

Cheers,
Todd

--