RE: [Xen-users] Networking with xen

you forget to mention it is a shared gig out to rest of network...
I cant buy 900 megs from VM to VM....

there is alot of overhead

From: Grant McWilliams [mailto:grantmasterflash@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 5:22 PM
To: Quezada, Pedro
Cc: Luke S Crawford; xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Networking with xen

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 1:44 PM, Quezada, Pedro <PedroQ@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I doubt that performance will improve ..until there is a NIC specifically made for virtual switches..
or a sub network piece of equipment that networking part handled in hardware
everything is handled in software in these instances ...higher throughput will tax the server...

I don't really accept this. ESX tramples Xen on network performance. That tells me that we can do something now.  People on the KVM list are reporting 600-900Mbs numbers.

Grant McWilliams