Re: [Xen-users] Shutdown of dom0 with running DomUs cannot deactivate volume group

  • To: mlg-hessigheim@xxxxxx
  • From: "Todd Deshane" <deshantm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 11:26:24 -0400
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 08:27:05 -0700

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 11:05 AM, Martin Lang <mlg-hessigheim@xxxxxx> wrote:
> I put
>
> on_xend_stop = "shutdown"
>
> in my domU config files without any result. I still get the error message
> that lvm volumes are used and cannot be shutdown. Does setting on_xend_stop
> = "shutdown" wait until all domUs are shutdown, or does the normal shutdown
> process go on in parallel.

You just need to make sure that the xend script is finished before the
script that
is stopping the LVM volumes. Once you know the lvm script, you could put a
while loop in that script that watches for a xend process, and once xend is
down, then it should be fine to bring down the LVs. Does that make sense?

Cheers,
Todd

--
Todd Deshane