Re: [Xen-users] 3ware 9650 support for Xen

On October 24, 2008 04:25 am Adrian Gajan wrote:
> what about 3ware 9650 for Xen 3.1 / 3.2 ? I've installed latest Xen
> from repositories, modified the grub.conf (menu.lst), xend-config.sxp
> and so on. The box won't boot up properly, it claims about
> 3ware-9xxx.ko

The included Xen kernel is based on Linux 2.6.18, which does not support
any 3Ware controllers newer than the 9550.  None of the PCIe controllers
are supported.  You need a Linux kernel newer than 2.6.20 to get support
for the 9650 and newer controllers.

You either need to choose a different controller, choose a Linux distro
that forward-ported Xen support to a newer Linux kernel, or choose a
different virtualisation system.

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash@xxxxxxxxx