RE: [Xen-users] Another GPLPV pre-release 0.9.11-pre20

  • To: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 20:54:48 +1100
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 01:55:24 -0800

> > Please boot with /gplpv.
>
> Thanks.
> I find it a little odd though, 0.9.11-pre20 reports driver version
> 0.9.10.19 instead of 0.9.10.20.

Just the way it is :) the whole -preXX thing was just until I could get
a couple of bugs out but it turned out to be a whole lot harder than I
thought. 0.9.11 will appear shortly unless I hear of any major problems,
but it will just be a renumbering of 0.9.11-pre20.

> One more question. Is there a plan to support opensolaris dom0?

I don't have any OpenSolaris boxes to test. What is different about
OpenSolaris Dom0 vs Linux Dom0 anyway? I wouldn't have been surprised if
it 'just worked'.

If it's a small amount of work to get it working then I can probably
work with you or someone else to do testing etc to find out where it is
wrong. If it's a big job then I'd probably need a donation of funds to
motivate me sufficiently :)

Do Linux PV domains work under OpenSolaris Dom0? If so, then I suspect
that the effort required to get GPLPV working should be pretty small.
Have you tried it? What happened when you did?

James