Re: [Xen-users] Another GPLPV pre-release 0.9.11-pre20

James Harper wrote:

>> One more question. Is there a plan to support opensolaris dom0?
>>

> I don't have any OpenSolaris boxes to test. What is different about
> OpenSolaris Dom0 vs Linux Dom0 anyway? I wouldn't have been surprised if
> it 'just worked'.

Apparently it doesn't :-D

> If it's a small amount of work to get it working then I can probably
> work with you or someone else to do testing etc to find out where it is
> wrong. If it's a big job then I'd probably need a donation of funds to
> motivate me sufficiently :)

It'd be really great if you can get it to work. Sun released their own
PV driver (still in alpha, I think), but it's not as widely-tested as yours.

> Do Linux PV domains work under OpenSolaris Dom0?

Yes. RHEL5 PV domU (both 32 and 64bit, using Redhat's kernel-xen) runs
on opensolaris dom0.

> If so, then I suspect
> that the effort required to get GPLPV working should be pretty small.
> Have you tried it? What happened when you did?

Let's see. A long time ago I tried XP with 0.9.11-pre4, BSOD with
0.9.11-pre4.
Installation completed, but booting with /gplpv gets me that.

I just tried W2k3 SP1, -pre20, and now during installation of xennet it
BSOD 0x7E (0xC0000005, 0xF635BDF7, 0xF78EA3EC, 0xF78EA0E8)

xennet.sys - Address F635BDF7 base at F635000, DateStamp 491128dd.

Regards,

Fajar