[Xen-users] Xen and XFS, are they good together ?

I am running a test campain on a fairly recent Xen (3.3), and found some problems with XFS.

I run bonnie++, iozone and dbench on Ubuntu 8.10 (in order to have a recent Xen package) with a 2.6.24 kernel (from Ubuntu 8.04) with and without xen on a quad core Xeon 1gig of ram (to limit the time spent with iozone and bonnie) and 2 array of 2 RAID1 SATA disks connected to a LSI 1068e controller.

Tests with bonnie and iozone shows that results are quite similar but with dbench I get a 10/20MB penalty when running Xen.

The thing is that bonnie and iozone are using a few file and doing I/O in it and reflect the capacity (to my mind) of the FS to fetch/write blocks from/to the disks in the most efficient way (could it be either in a sequential or random mode). Dbench represent a more "real world" usage, or at least a different approach which different concurrent process.

Dbench is more metadata intensive, but is there a reason that this metadata operations perform worse in Xen that on bare metal linux ?

Is there anybody running XFS with Xen ? have you noticed something ?

Matthieu.