Re: [Xen-users] Lost Network on domU's - Please Help

On Sat, 2008-11-22 at 20:51 -0500, James Pifer wrote:
> Today our company did some disaster recovery testing. I have two xen
> servers (sles10sp1) that use storage space on a SAN. I'm told the xen
> servers were shutdown correctly, but at this point I'm not really sure.
> I have a few domU's that came up correctly and I have a couple that came
> up without networking.
>
> If I try to restart the network it says:
> "No configuration found for eth6"
>
> If I look at /etc/sysconfig/network the configuration file is there.
>
> Even if I delete the card and re-add it, it still says the configuration
> cannot be found.
>
> Anyone know what I should do here?

I have 5 linux domU's (all sles10). Only one of them came up with the
network. The other four all have the same problem.

One thing I noticed is on the working domU running the command "hwinfo
--netcard" contains this line:
HW Address: 00:16:3e:21:24:a7

On the domU's that are broken the command gives almost the same output,
but they are all missing the HW address line.

Does that help?

Thanks,
James