Re: [Xen-users] RMRR is incorrect (was: VT-d does not work any more after BIOS update on DQ35MP)

"Ralf Hornik Mailings" <ralf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schreibte:

I had to do a bios update due to some bugs in the Mgmt Engine.

After this I had to re-enable the VT and VT-d made a power cycle, but since then VT-d is not enabled via hypervisor.

Now, after recompiling xen version 3.3 (make dist) I get the following error in "xm dmesg":

(XEN) Xen heap: 14MB (14720kB)
(XEN) Domain heap initialised
(XEN) Processor #0 6:15 APIC version 20
(XEN) Processor #2 6:15 APIC version 20
(XEN) Processor #1 6:15 APIC version 20
(XEN) Processor #3 6:15 APIC version 20
(XEN) IOAPIC[0]: apic_id 2, version 32, address 0xfec00000, GSI 0-23
(XEN) Enabling APIC mode:  Flat.  Using 1 I/O APICs
(XEN) [VT-D]dmar.c:354: RMRR is incorrect.
(XEN) Failed to parse ACPI DMAR.  Disabling VT-d.
(XEN) Using scheduler: SMP Credit Scheduler (credit)
(XEN) Detected 2388.018 MHz processor.

So wthat does this error mean?

Aditionally "xm pci-list-assignable-devices" brings no output.

I even tried xen-unstable, but there is still the same :-((

Please, can anyone help me, or give me a hint, what else I can do to get VTD back working? It worked until the bios update. Details follow:

BIOS

Vendor
 Intel Corp.

Version
 JOQ3510J.86A.0954.2008.0922.2331

Release date
 09/22/2008

Supported functions
 PCI Upgradeable
Shadowing is allowed Boot from CD
Selectable boot EDD spec
8042 keyboard services Serial services
Printer services CGA/Mono video services

Thanx for any help!

Ralf