Re: [Xen-users] lenny amd64 and xen.

Ola Stefan,

hope you got your vt-d-stuff running.

Am Donnerstag, den 27.11.2008, 19:57 +0100 schrieb Stefan Bauer:
> Thomas Halinka schrieb:
> > It s self-build. We had evaluated FC-SAN-Solutions, but they were slow,
> > unflexible and very expensive. We 're using Standard-Server with bonding
> > over 10Gbit-NICs
> >
> > This setup transfers 1300 MB/s at the moment, is highly scaleable and
> > was about 70% cheaper than a FC-Solution.
>
> Hi Thomas,
>
> just out of curiousity, how did you measured the throughput of
> 1300MB(megabytes) per second?

Started "dd if=/dev/zero of=/path/to/aoe/disk bs=1M count=100000" on
each dom0 at the same time and accumulated performance of each
dd-process.

All the 8 dd-processes gave me a total throughput 1386 MB/s in the sum.

Yeah - i know, that dd is not really representative for every
application, but in my case the setup is built for scientific data
processing and so it is representative in my case.

>  What did this value describe?

The Amount of written Data the Storage-Header processed each second - as
said it s scalable in any way. Just wait for the drawing and you will
understand why ;)

> Stefan

Regards,

Thomas