From: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Florian Schmaus
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 10:24
To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Credit Scheduler

I have a CentOS 5.2 Dual-Core Host with two domU's. One domU is for
apache and postfix, the other one is just for BOINC. I thought that I
can configure the XEN credit scheduler in such a manner, that the BOINC
domU only gets CPU resources if the other one, the "important" one, has
nothing else to do.
After a "xm sched-credit -d boinc -w 1" and "xm sched-credit -d web -w
200" I run a CPU benchmark on the "web" domU. I expected that the "web"
domU would get 199% CPU share and the boinc domU just 1%, because the
"web" domU hast 200 times more weight than the BOINC domU. But the
credit scheduler gave both domU's about 100% CPU share.
What am I missing here?

xm dmesg shows "(XEN) Using scheduler: SMP Credit Scheduler (credit)"
and "xm sched_credit -d web" also confirms that the weight is set correctly.

Regards
 Florian