[Xen-users] Customising network setup stops all networking

  • To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Gordon Ross <gr306@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 08:52:02 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 00:53:16 -0800

Running Xen on SLES10 SP2.

Using the defaults, I've got a VM talking to a network fine (Basically, just
bridged networking to Dom0's eth0)

I now want to use both of the Dom0s ethernet interfaces in separate bridges
for VMs.

A quick bit of reading told me to write my own bridge wrapper script. So I
wrote the following:

#!/bin/sh
dir=$(dirname "$0")
"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=0 netdev=eth0 bridge=xenbr0
"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=1 netdev=eth1 bridge=xenbr1

I modified xend-config.sxp by changing/adding:

#(network-script network-bridge)
(network-script my-network-bridge)

I saved the files, rebooted and waited with baited breath.

After the Dom0 came back up, networking appeared to be up, but I couldn't
ping the Dom0. The "brctl show" showed the two bridges with the correct
physical interfaces in them.

Can someone help me out ?

Thanks,

GTG