RE: [Xen-users] Increasing the number of virtual machines

> All of the doms create without error.
> I can start them all in the normal way. No errors
> When I do xm list I only see the first 4 doms I created.
> I can ping only the first 4 doms I created.
> I can only enter the console of the first 4 doms I created.
>
> I have used this howto as a starting point for my solution.
> http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_setup_xen3_debian
>
> There are no errors generated to the screen or log files that I can
find.

As someone else pointed out, 4 is the default limit for the number of
loop devices (loop makes a block device out of a file), and your domain
will use one for every file: device in every domain, which may or may
not be your problem.

If loop is a module, stop all of your domains, 'rmmod loop', then
'modprobe loop max_loop=32', then see how many you can start. If that
fixes it, then edit your modules config to always load loop with
max_loop=32

James