RE: [Xen-users] Firewalling Xen?

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Dustin Henning" <Dustin.Henning@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 16:05:49 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 13:06:37 -0800

        In case it is relevant, I simply allow all traffic to traverse the
forwarding chain when it is headed to a bridged destination.  I then simply run
a firewall on dom0 and each domU as if they were all individual machines.  This
seems to me like the way to go short of doing something more drastic with
hardware isolation, but as a lot of people prefer to have much more complex
firewall setups, it is certainly likely that at least some of them have good
reason.
        Dustin