[Xen-users] Bonding Issue with Dom0

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Andrew Deagman <andrew.deagman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 11:20:46 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 08:21:31 -0800

First off, I am rather new to Xen and looked through the archives but could not locate a solution to my problem . In my Dom0 configuration I have  2 nics (eth0 & eth1. Eth0 and Eth1 are boned and appear as bond0. I installed Xen and all network traffic over bond works fine. I installed a Redhat ES 5 as DomU. When I boot the image, it does not pickup any networking from Dom0. I have tried editing xend-config.sxp and changed the line:

(network-script network-bridge) To (network-script 'network-bridge netdev=bond0')

Still nothing. I even went as far as removing the bonded interface and running eth0/eth1 as normal and I still am not able to get networking up for DomU. When I added the netdev=bond0 it killed all networking for Dom0 and DomU. What am I doing wrong? There is nothing in the documentation about this... Any help would be great.

Thanks
Andrew