RE: [Xen-users] Question about /gplpv

  • To: "'James Harper'" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Venefax" <venefax@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 16:52:44 -0500
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 13:53:49 -0800

Dear James
I can confirm now the only remaining issue with the GPLPV drivers: the
windows virtual machines do not reboot, the domains must be destroyed and
restarted. The problem is that the memory does not get returned to the
machine after a domain is destroyed. That is a bug filed by Novell a couple
of days ago. The restart problem is on the drivers because the same machine
with Novell PV drivers restarts just fine. I can give you access to one of
my servers if you want to perform some tests.
Federico