Re: [Xen-users] Problem booting xen domU Guest

  • To: Philipp <Xerberus999X@xxxxxxx>
  • From: "Todd Deshane" <deshantm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 19:18:33 -0500
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 16:19:17 -0800

On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 5:48 PM, Philipp <Xerberus999X@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sure that. There ya go:
>
> http://pastebin.com/m645174dd
>
> I really have no idea what else to check. Tried almost anything I could think
> of.

Does it crash? Or does it come to a initramfs prompt?

When I get into a situation like this, I like to use all the debugging
and redirect
the output to a serial console

The basic idea of how to set it up is here:
http://en.opensuse.org/How_to_Capture_Xen_Hypervisor_and_Kernel_Messages_using_a_Serial_Cable

I don't think there is much of anything that is suse-specific there so
those should work well.

I don't see anything obvious that is wrong, but maybe with more
debugging output and/or
if someone else on this list gives it a look they will see something.

One really common problem is with the initial ram disk not having the
right modules included.

What is the base OS, and Xen version, etc.?

Cheers,
Todd

--
Todd Deshane