RE: [Xen-users] Large server, Xen limitations (Offlist)

On Thu, 1 Jan 2009, Nathan Eisenberg wrote:

XEN has the advantage of being free, but have you looked at Virtouzzo containers?

Hi Nathan,

I haven't really looked at Virtuozzo containers in any depth, but it seems to me, at least on a cursory glance, that the guests have to run the same o/s as the host, which unfortunately rules it out for me. Otherwise it seems pretty neat. I have other customer requirements that I use xen (and later, VMware), so I don't really have too much choice right now.

Steve