[Xen-users] SMP, Win 2k3 R2 Server, and GPLPV

Hey all,

I've been lurking about for a few days now, and I'm already confused :)

At the moment we've got a dual quad-core Intel server running Xen 3.3.0 and 4
XP SP3 domUs, and the performance is horrible. Less than a fifth of the
performance of an XP install straight on a dual-core opteron.
The performance is probably due to the use of GPLPV 0.9.10 (shutdownmon didn't
work with 11), each domU having 2 VCPUs, and the use of tap:aio: over LVM to
get round a weird linux software raid10/LVM/HVM guest issue. It's also
unreliable, but that's a hardware issue.

So, we want to build another machine, and go with Windows 2003 R2 Server
(standard, SP3, I believe), it also won't use software raid10 so we can go
back to phy: (the work load does very little disk IO anyway). The hardware
will be exactly the same.

Could anyone advise me on the best means to install 2k3 R2, with 2 CPUs per
domU, and GPLPV, please?

Thanks

--
Mike Williams