Re: [Xen-users] Re: Large server, Xen limitations

Aleksandar Ivanisevic wrote:
Stefan de Konink wrote:
Aleksandar Ivanisevic wrote:
Steve Thompson <smt@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

- With a large number of guests, you have to be more careful with
their start/stop/start order to avoid the 'out of memory' error.

Can you elaborate on this?
I have a 8Gb server running a dozen or so VMs with combined memory
usage (as reported by xm list) never over 6Gb and been getting strange
intermittent out of memory errors.

Are you doing any operations on XenD? Or are you keeping your fingers of the box?

This is a dedicated xen server. Practically nothing except xm doesnt get executed there.

That is exactly the issue I'm talking about. How often do you save/migrate?

Stefan