Re: [Xen-users] kernel panic with iSCSI

  • To: "Michael Jinks" <mjinks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Todd Deshane" <deshantm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 13:59:21 -0500
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 11:00:24 -0800

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 1:50 PM, Michael Jinks <mjinks@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm trying to get an iSCSI connection going, with a Linux domU
initiating to an OpenSolaris target.  Discovery works fine, but so far
every attempt to log in to my test target has caused a kernel panic.

Am I just naive?  Is there some reason this shouldn't work, like a
conflict between the iSCSI code and the Xen domU patches?  Is anybody
else successfully running an iSCSI initiator from within a Linux domU?

If this should work, then I think I need to take my question to the
iSCSI folks next since it's their code throwing the panic, but first I
wanted to rule out the possibility that I'm trying to do something known
not to work in Xen.

iSCSI is commonly used with Xen.

Old howto:

Cheers,