Re: FW: [Xen-users] Standard VM live migration OK but Windows GPLPV VM livemigration broken

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 9:24 PM, Robert Dunkley <Robert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Centos 5.2 with OFED 1.3 (Infiniband Drivers), Xen 3.3.0 from
> Gitco RPM and DRBD 8.2.6 installed. I have always installed the VMs as
> full HVM and modified them later for PV. I used an rpm called
> kmod-xenpv-0.1-10.el4.centos.x86_64 to change the Centos 4.7 HVM to
> para,

That's not PV domU. It's HVM Linux domU with PV drivers. I haven't
tried one of those, sorry.

Is there a special reason why you don't use PV domU instead? Centos
4.x has kernel-xenU for that purpose. It should provide much better
performance, plus a working live migration.

> it gave a good increase in performance but unfortunately a
> suitable KMod does not seem to be available for Centos 5.2 yet.

Really? RHEL5 has kmod-xenpv-0.1-9.el5.x86_64.rpm. You can either
rebuild that from SRPM, or wait several weeks for CentOS 5.3. See
https://www.redhat.com/archives/rhelv5-announce/2009-January/msg00000.html

Regards,

Fajar