[Xen-users] Re: Xen domu benchmarking

I guess my question was not challenging enough

I see the following performance on
intel q9450
dom0 opensuse 11.0 64bit xen 3.2.1
domU W2K3 phy on drbd.

performance of dom0
disk
read 50Mb/s
write 14,87 Mb/s

cpu
superpi 1M in 17.9sec
whetstone FPU 16.300 MWIPS
dhrystine alu 12.919 MDIPS

memory
interger assignment 146.883
real assignment 166.454

net throughput (gplpv driver)
domu -> dom0 524 mbit/s

is this performance typical?
for me the asymmetric performance of the disk is curious, anybody else seeing this?

jeroen

jeroen groenewegen van der weyden wrote:
Hello,

I was wondering which benchmark tools "we" use to measure the performance of a domU. Especially I'm interested in benchmarking a w2k3 domu.

And are there any references of the performance of domu's to other virtualisation technique's.

Best regards,

jeroen.