Re: [Xen-users] Re: Xen domu benchmarking

Hi,

This is not necessarily  a bad thing, drives are often worse at
writing than reading.
A lot of it may also depend on the actual test you are doing.

What benchmark are you running?

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 4:56 PM, jeroen groenewegen van der weyden
<groen692@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I guess my question was not challenging enough
>
> I see the following performance on
> intel q9450
> dom0 opensuse 11.0 64bit xen 3.2.1
> domU W2K3 phy on drbd.
>
> performance of dom0
> disk
> read 50Mb/s
> write 14,87 Mb/s
>
> cpu
> superpi 1M in 17.9sec
> whetstone FPU 16.300 MWIPS
> dhrystine alu 12.919 MDIPS
>
> memory
> interger assignment 146.883
> real assignment 166.454
>
> net throughput (gplpv driver)
> domu -> dom0 524 mbit/s
>
> is this performance typical?
> for me the asymmetric performance of the disk is curious, anybody else
> seeing this?
>
> jeroen
>
> jeroen groenewegen van der weyden wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I was wondering which benchmark tools "we" use to measure the performance
>> of a domU.  Especially I'm interested in benchmarking a w2k3 domu.
>>
>> And are there any references of the performance of domu's to other
>> virtualisation technique's.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> jeroen.

Barry van Someren