Re: [Xen-users] Enabling Quota on domU...?

El MiÃrcoles 28 Enero 2009, Peter Privat escribiÃ:
> Hi guys!

Hi!

> Is possible to enable quota on the domU guest?

Yes, it is. Quota is a filesystem feature, not a xen feature.

> I'm using Ubuntu 8.04 (64) as a host and have created a guest with the
> same Ubuntu 8.04 (64) on.
>
> I have installed Quota by "# apt-get install quota".
> I have entered the following into the domU "/etc/fstab":
>
> "/dev/hda1               /               xfs
> relatime,errors=remount-ro,usrquota,grpquota        1       2"
>
> (Then reboot)
> Running the "quotacheck -avugm" command, gives me this error:
>
> "Cannot find filesystem to check or filesystem not mounted with quota
> option."

You seem to be using xfs, so 'man 8 xfs_quota' will give you the bits you
need, like this one:

QUOTA ADMINISTRATION
  The  XFS  quota system differs to that of other filesystems in a number of
  ways. Most importantly, XFS considers quota information as filesystem
  metadata and uses journaling to provide a higher level guarantee of
  consistency. As such, it is administered differently, in particular:

  1. The  quotacheck  command has no effect on XFS filesystems. The first time
     quota accounting is turned on (at mount time), XFS does an automatic
     quotacheck internally; afterwards, the quota system will always be
     completely consistent until quotas are manually turned off.

> Or isn't Quota supported om domU's...?
>
> /Peter

Cheers,
--