Re: [Xen-users] jailtime.org

mattias wrote:
Anyone get the images on jailtime.org to work?
I think i need a ramdisk to get it to work
It is correct?
The config:
kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18-4-xen-686"
memory = 256
name = "gentoo"
nics = 1
ramdisk = "/boot/initrd.img-2.6.18-5-xen-vserver-686"
dhcp = "dhcp"
disk = ['file:/home/mj/gentoo.2005-0.img,sda1,w',
'file:/home/mj/gentoo.swap,sda2,w']
root = "/dev/sda1 roo"
#extra = "gentoo=nodevfs"
But where to get a ramdisk?

hostname = "gentoo"

Are you asking where you would get the initrd or initramfs? I.e. what is specified on the ramdisk = '' line? If so, it usually is in the same directory that the kernel is. In the configuration you provided, it is pulling the kernel and ramdisk from the hosts kernel and ramdisk. You could try changing them to be whatever kernel and ramdisk you have there. I haven't messed with gentoo in a long time so I don't remember what it names the files.

Mike