Re: [Xen-users] Help on setting up a PVM

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 8:12 AM, edu gargiulo <egargiulo+lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> should I use
>>> the same kernel for domUs?
>>
>> You can, but if you do you also need to copy
>> /lib/modules/<kernel-version> directory from dom0 to domU as well. I'd
>> recommend you use the kernel located on domU. In domU's config file
>> use pygrub as bootloader and install xenified-kernel (on RHEL this
>> would be kernel-xen) on domU.
>
> Ok thanks, and what about arch? AFAIK the only kernel compiled can be
> used for dom0 and domUs, but it was compiled on amd64 so my question
> is how to set up the kernel if I want a VM with arch i386? SHould I
> have to compile other kernel for i386 domUs?

At this point I'd say stick with kernels in domU and use pygrub. Seriously.
What domU do you use? Kernel/xen version in domU does not have to be
exactly the same as dom0. For example, RHEL4 (and Centos) has
kernel-xenU while RHEL5 has kernel-xen. It was compiled against
xen-3.1.2 source, but you should be able to use them as domU kernel on
any dom0 with xen >= 3.1.2.

Regards,

Fajar