Re: [Xen-users] After memory upgrade - slow boot and "ERROR: Invalid checksum?"

"Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

For example, on RHEL/Centos5, the easy method to use Xen 3.3.1 is to
use xen RPMs from Gitco while still using RH's kernel (which is
actively maintained and contains lots of bugfixes and backports).

I'm recently using ubuntu 8.04 but it is a nightmare with xen, so I decided to walk away from depending on that (or any) distribution.

And then I preferred to install all_in_one from source to not come into trouble with incompatible kernels. I do not know how the hypervisor is "in sync" with a non xen.org kernel.

What I know, any linux distribution has some bad capabilities. If I could choose the OS, I would use (Open)Solaris xVM or *BSD as dom0.

But xVM is not as sophesticated as xen 3.3.x, and I need at least pci passthrough which isn't supported (yet). NetBSD actually supports xen dom0 but most documentation ends with version 2.0...

Regards
Ralf