Re: [Xen-users] Loosing vmx flag with Lenny 2.6.26-1-xen-amd64 on Q9400

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 9:43 PM, Markus Kiefer <markus@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When I boot a regular Debian kernel, the vmx-flag shows up in /proc/cpuinfo,
> leading me to the conclusion that the BIOS is set up correctly. The flag is
> gone when I boot the Xen-kernel, meaning I don't have HVM support.

Have you actually TRIED creating a HVM domU on that server?
I think the HVM (as well as some other) flag is hidden intentionally
on some versions of xen. Same thing happened on my RHEL 5 + Xen 3.3.1
while the flag still shows up on RHEL 5's stock Xen. Both systems are
able to start HVM domU normally.

Regards,

Fajar