RE: [Xen-users] Removing Citrix PV Drivers and then installing GPLPVdrivers

  • To: "Mark Pace" <pace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 11:09:56 +1100
  • Cc: Xen Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 16:10:40 -0800

> > My GPLPV drivers enumerate devices as eg xen\vbd\768, xen\vif\0.
Citrix
> > drivers must be doing the same. I would if I should enumerate them
with
> > a slightly different prefix...
> >

> Citrix enum's the network as XEN\VIF\0 as well, so deleting the
> references to that from the various control sets in the registry has
> been doing the trick so far. So maybe a different prefix would be a
good
> idea for the GPLPV drivers. FYI, their disk enums as something like
> Disk&Ven_XEN&Prod_PVDISK&%versioninfogoeshere% so your vdb driver
isn't
> clashing with it...

Any suggestions for a prefix? I am in the middle of some pretty major
changes (going back to WDF again :) so changing the prefix now wouldn't
be out of the question at this point. Given that pretty much nobody sees
it if everything is working properly, I'm thinking XenGPLPV\xxx\999 etc.
No chance of a clash there.

James