Re: [Xen-users] Does Xen 3.3 support giga bit network in the guest?

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 8:28 PM, Abdul Qadeer <qadeer.qadeer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When I do the mentioned procedure and re-start the guest, all these changes
> go away
> automatically.  Looks like Xen "wipes them out".

That's not right. How did you create your domUs? Using the traditional
"xm create", or with virt-install/virt-manager?

What did you modify? is it files on /etc/xen, or using virsh?

Since you want to use Xen 3.3 anyway, instead of changing the emulated
NIC type I'd suggest you try one of these :
- convert your HVM domU to PV. Easiest when running Linux domU. This
has additional benefit of giving you maximum possible speed with
regards to CPU, disk, and network.
- use PV drivers. For Windows HVM, use James Harper's GPLPV. For Linux
HVM, you might be able to find kmod-xenpv RPM or a module called
xennet or xen-vnif
- use stubdom (only available on Xen 3.3)

Regards,

Fajar