[Xen-users] Xen 3.3.1 Windows HVM Disk I/O -> domU and dom0 hangs

Hi,

we are currently working on getting windows working on your xen servers.
but we are facing a severe problem where dom0 and all domus hang for 1-5 seconds from time to time.

we think it is probably because of disk i/o, because top sometimes says 100% wa (waiting on io) during the hang.

dom0 has cpu 0 for exclusive use and the windows vms use cpu 1 to 7.
should we give dom0 more than once cpu?
would this prevent the hang?

or is this a configuration error?
are there some scheduler settings we could experience with (linux kernel i/o scheduler?)

we use LVM for HVM domUs on a 6 disk raid 10 array.

Lg Philipp Schmid

ps: xen 3.3.1 and 2.6.18 are compiled from source