Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.3.1 Windows HVM Disk I/O -> domU and dom0 hangs

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 5:17 AM, Philipp Schmid <lists@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we are currently working on getting windows working on your xen servers.
> but we are facing a severe problem where dom0 and all domus hang for 1-5
> seconds from time to time.

Are you using PV drivers?
What domU storage backend did you use? file:? tap:aio:? phy:?
Are you using some kind of LVM snapshot?

> we think it is probably because of disk i/o, because top sometimes says 100%
> wa (waiting on io) during the hang.

What does iostat say at that time? If i/o wait is 100% but i/o
throughput is low, perhaps you're experiencing the symptoms of disk
failure.

Regards,

Fajar