Re: [Xen-users] xen book review

  • To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Jeff Lane <sundowner225@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 12:38:36 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 09:39:15 -0800

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 10:18 AM, Ryan Knapper <ryanknapper@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ISBN 13: 9780132349666

http://www.amazon.com/Running-Xen-Hands-Guide-Virtualization/dp/0132349663/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1234805723&sr=8-1

Amazon link.

I bought this book about as soon as it was published, and while I
haven't needed it to learn Xen, it has been an invaluable resource
when I needed help with something specific.  I've been testing Xen for
a while now (since RHEL 5 was in Alpha), so I went into it knowing a
bit already.

BUT, also, as an IT teacher (I teach Linux classes at the Community
College level for kicks) I can also say that the book is very well
written and designed for people who know nothing at all about Xen, or
even just virtualization.

They did a good job on Running Xen (and no, I'm not a shill trying to
sell more books).

Cheers
Jeff

--
                      www.jefflane.org

The internet has no government, no constitution, no laws, no
rights, no police, no courts.  Don't talk about fairness or
innocence, and don't talk about what should be done.  Instead,
talk about what is being done and what will be done by the
amorphous unreachable undefinable blob called "the internet
user base." -Paul Vixie