Re: [Xen-users] xen book review

  • To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Todd Deshane <deshantm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 13:17:27 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 10:18:06 -0800

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Jeff Lane <sundowner225@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 10:18 AM, Ryan Knapper <ryanknapper@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > ISBN 13: 9780132349666
> >

> http://www.amazon.com/Running-Xen-Hands-Guide-Virtualization/dp/0132349663/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1234805723&sr=8-1
>
> Amazon link.
>
> I bought this book about as soon as it was published, and while I
> haven't needed it to learn Xen, it has been an invaluable resource
> when I needed help with something specific.  I've been testing Xen for
> a while now (since RHEL 5 was in Alpha), so I went into it knowing a
> bit already.
>
> BUT, also, as an IT teacher (I teach Linux classes at the Community
> College level for kicks) I can also say that the book is very well
> written and designed for people who know nothing at all about Xen, or
> even just virtualization.
>
> They did a good job on Running Xen (and no, I'm not a shill trying to
> sell more books).

I can't help but write back to this thread.

Thank you all so much for your positive feedback, what a great
wedding present :)

I just wanted to leave some links here for those that might not
follow the list and stumble across this thread.

First the book website is: http://runningxen.com/

We have a low traffic readers list:

We have an errata page:
http://runningxen.com/errata/

And a lot of other nice resources and information:
http://runningxen.com/resources/
http://runningxen.com/resources/#resources_since_first_edition
http://runningxen.com/changes/
http://runningxen.com/reviews/

Unlike Jeff, I am trying to sell more books ;) But as a co-author
I am passionate about providing as much to the readers (and
potential readers) as possible.

Any and all feedback is much appreciated.

contact *** AT *** runningxen.com

or consider joining the readers list.

Cheers,
Todd