Re: [Xen-users] Unable to set system clock on domU

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 7:04 PM, Daniel Bareiro <daniel-listas@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> As I mentioned to you above, timezone is correct with tzdata, reason why
> I didn't modify it, and there is a ntpdate in dom0 synchronizing at
> regular intervals. Now I added the line "xen.independent_wallclock = 1"
> in /etc/sysctl.conf. date command also shows the correct hour,
> nevertheless I continue observing the same error message on boot:
>
> Setting the system clock.
> Unable to set System Clock to: Tue Feb 17 09:38:08 ARST 2009 (warning).

Ah, Okay then. From your post it seems that RHEL and Debian is the
same with regards to ntpd init script : both try to modify hwclock. In
that case just ignore the warning message :)

As for keeping time synchronized, you have two options:

1. set independent_wallclock=1, and run ntpd on domU, or
2. set independent_wallclock=0, and run ntpd on dom0 only.

Regards,

Fajar