[Xen-users] HVM and gplpv disk question

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Gary W. Smith" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 13:16:31 -0800
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 13:17:46 -0800

When I load the gplpv drivers into a Windows 2003 instance, I notice that I have to remove ioemu from the vif.  When I do that, it works just fine.  The disk images (which are file based) are still being loaded through the loop driver (which is requiring me to add a bunch of loop devices on our test box).  Is this the proper way to do this or should I be tweaking the config files for the disk as well?  If so, what should that look like?

Adding the loop devices isn't a problem but if I call tap:aio is faster than loop.